Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update on Ollie - "O" pups at 5 months

Today Joeri and Emma's puppies are five months old. We received this e-mail from Ollie's owner - Tom Swofford from Michigan.

Just a note and a couple of pictures. Ollie is growing fast. He loves to ride in the truck, and loves to go tracking. Some days he amazes me in the woods. On one occasion, I laid a blood trail and aged it about 2 hours. Ollie had no problem with it. Almost as soon as we were done, it started to rain. It rained all night and into the next day. When it stopped, I took him out for a walk, and thought I would take him over to the trail to see if he would do anything. I couldn't believe it, he went right down the trail to the spot I had a deer tail the day before. This was almost 20 hours later! And after all that rain. I don't know if he just remembered it, but he did have his nose to the ground.

Today, though, I don't think he could find his own food bowl. I guess that's how it works. Actually, this was the first track in a long time he had trouble with, so I can't really complain.


No comments: