Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Roughhousing with Gerti

Chris Barr from Indiana e-mailed us this story:

I thought you could use a funny Gerti story that has nothing to do with tracking. We have a wall that is open on each end that separates our kitchen and living room. Gerti has found it quite amusing to play a cat and mouse game with me around that wall. After a few minutes of dodging and weaving, she’ll finally just start barking and chasing me around the kitchen and through the living room. Well, a week ago last night, while playing this game, I was just hitting my stride, probably on my third lap, when I cracked my left pinky-toe on the doorway as I rounded the corner. I went down as if I’d fallen from a building on my knees and elbows. Well, you can imagine, Gerti thought this was just an addition to a delightful game so she proceeded to run circles under my chest and around my head. Dawn and the kids could hardly stifle their laughter. I finally got up and hobbled to the couch where I iced and elevated it for the remainder of the evening. I didn’t have it x-rayed but am pretty sure I broke it as it’s still very swollen and sore. Gerti must have felt a little sorry for me because she curled up in my lap for the remainder of the night and didn’t make a peep.

If you can visualize that, and you’re like my family, you’ll probably get a pretty good chuckle out of it. The next night when it turned all kinds of purple and blue colors, the kids took pictures of it with their phones to send to their friends.

1 comment:

Andy Bensing said...

LOL. How about a picture for us?