Friday, September 4, 2009

An overnight blood track for Doc (Pushkin)

Those who follow this blog know that Doc's (Pushkin's) interest in blood tracking came later than with other pups, but now at 5 months he is doing really well.

His owner Stanley wrote:
I laid a blood trail for Doc at 5:30 p.m. on August 29th. The trail was approx 300 yards long. Let it age overnight. It also came a rain during the night. I took Doc out at 7 a.m. on August 30th, we were walking down a logging road. I had laid the blood trail across this road the day before. When Doc got to the point in the road where I had crossed the road with the blood he hit the trail and was off. The trail I had laid was in weeds and underbrush that ranged from knee high to head high. At times I could not even see Doc and would have to drop the leash to get through the weeds myself. It took Doc about 20 to 25 minutes to work this blood trail to the end. Doc is only 5 months old and this is the 2nd blood trail that I have aged overnight and Doc has successfully completed both trails. Also I have laid a trail that was approx. 1/4 mile long and aged it about an hour. Doc completed it in approx. 15 minutes I try to work with him once or twice a week depending on my work schedule. I AM VERY PROUD OF DOC.

No comments: