Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting...


Paika lost her appetite for dry kibble and today she refused breakfast of kibble mixed with canned food. I checked my pre-whelping notes from last year, and she went through several days of eating very little or not eating at all. Yesterday she ate quite well, especially raw diet, but what she liked the most was a mix of rice, egg and ricotta cheese.

During the day she rests a lot, mainly on her back, but if she hears other dogs going to the field she is ready to join them. I think we are still several days away from whelping. The whelping box is ready in my den, and yesterday she checked it out and spent some time in it. She has my den all to herself as Summer and Sky's crates have been moved to another room. Now we just have to be patient...

Todau she is going to get a bath, and I'll groom her some. By the way, we don't know how many pups she carries. I would say maybe 6. Her belly is hanging low, but she is not very wide. When Keena had nine pups her middle section looked like a ball.

1 comment:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Exciting, she will have puppies soon...
I saw you now online on Skype...you weren´t there. Would be nice to say hello there...I´m working at home tomorrow and is always online. Now its bedtime I think...